Cloud Software Development Graduate Certificate
Domestic Students: August 1, 2022
Domestic Students: December 1, 2022
Cloud Software Development Graduate Certificate
Learn key skills and gain experience in one of the most in-demand industries at the heart of the Seattle tech network. Local experts will help you master cloud software development, so you’re ready to become an innovator in the tech industry.
The Cloud Software Development Graduate Certificate provides students of all backgrounds with the foundational skills needed to pursue a career in cloud computing. Through a four-course program that emphasizes hands-on, industry-facing experiential learning—via Khoury College of Computer Science’s partnerships with leading cloud platform companies like AWS, Google, and Microsoft and their suppliers—you’ll gain the technical ability, exposure, and experience to work on any cloud computing platform, as well as the career-building resources to put you on the fast track in this growing field.
The cloud computing market has grown from $15B to over $210B in the past 10 years, with projections to double again by 2025. In fact, many IT decision makers believe the only obstacle to even more explosive growth in the field is a shortage of qualified talent to fill roles like software development engineer, product manager, solutions architect, support engineer, and system engineer.
- Program readies students of all backgrounds to immediately pursue a career in cloud
- While the certificate is designed as a standalone offering, it is stackable into the Master of
Science in Computer Science degree
- Through company partnerships, Khoury College will provide career transition support (e.g.
resume reviews, practice technical interviewing, prep for certification exams) to ensure that
students are positioned to enter the workforce quickly.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate are ready for a wide range of cloud computing roles including:
- Software development engineer
- Product manager
- Solutions architect
- Support engineer
- System engineer
The cloud computing market has grown from $15B to more than $210B in the past 10 years, with projections to double again by 2025. In fact, many IT decision makers believe the only obstacle to even more explosive growth in the field is a shortage of qualified talent to fill roles.
- Undergraduate degree with minimum GPA of 3.0 (PDF or scanned copies of unofficial undergraduate transcripts; you can submit official transcripts from colleges/universities attended at the time of admission)
- Completion for CS5001, Intensive Foundation of Computer Science, or equivalent coursework or programming experience
- TOEFL score of at least 100 for international students who have a bachelor’s degree from a non- English speaking country (international students only). We are also accepting DuoLingo and IELTS scores at this time
- Statement of purpose including description of academic or professional goals and relevant work experience
- A confidential letter of reference
Study in Seattle
Learn at the epicenter of innovation.
Northeastern University-Seattle combines world-class, experience-driven learning with Pacific Northwest culture and values. Our comprehensive certificate and degree programs provide a competitive advantage in advancing your career.
You’ll study in the heart of Northeastern’s South Lake Union location—adjacent to Amazon’s headquarters—as well as engineering centers for Facebook, Apple, Google, Expedia, Microsoft. Seattle is also home to top life science research institutes like the Gates Foundation, Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center, the Allen Institutes, plus more than 150 biotech companies. Our proximity to these industry leaders provides you with an excellent opportunity for industry networking, professional development, and real-world learning.
*Estimated Total Tuition
This is based on tuition rates for Academic Year 2019 – 20 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time.
- Acquire extensive experience in object-oriented design and development with Java.
- Solve problems using established design patterns, explain strengths and weaknesses of their solutions, and use industry-standard code management, build, and quality assessment tools.
- Design, build, and deploy full stack applications on cloud platforms.
- Design, develop, and deploy secure cloud applications using appropriate cloud services.
- Analyze cost and engineering trade-offs of using specific application and system architectures, and be able to visualize these using application management platforms.
- Utilize knowledge of distributed systems theory and architecture to build high-performance, scalable, and cost-optimized cloud applications.
- Design and implement application observability to quantitatively enable performance visualization and analysis for system evolution.
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.