Doctor of Education
Priority Deadline: August 5, 2023
Final Deadline: August 14, 2023
Start Date: September 18, 2023
In this unique model, you can complete your degree online with opportunities to collaborate with your cohort at on-campus Seattle residencies. Bring your expertise and engage with a problem of practice throughout your program under the guidance of experienced educational leaders.
The Doctor of Education program offers a rich, dynamic learning experience—one that blends critical engagement with theory, practice, and research.
Providing innovative and engaging opportunities, our EdD further cultivates the skills and knowledge necessary to effect meaningful change in your organization. As a doctor of education student, you will collaborate with an accomplished group of fellow practitioners, exposing you to global perspectives and strengthening your ability to think critically about today’s educational challenges.
Students will complete most EdD coursework online with an additional required on-campus residency. For more information about this program and the cohort model in Seattle, please request additional program information.
- Higher Education Administration: The higher education administration concentration provides an opportunity for experienced higher education professionals to expand their previous understanding of practices within all sectors of postsecondary education. Sectors examined include community colleges, four-year colleges, for-profit institutions, and research universities. The concentration courses allow experienced higher education professionals to advance their professional practice by developing and deepening their understanding of the roles of colleges and universities in our society.
- Innovative Teaching and Learning: The innovative teaching and learning concentration focuses on transforming education through innovation, justice, and policy, by providing engaging opportunities for current and aspiring teaching and learning specialists working in various education spaces. The concentration focuses on teaching and learning both inside and outside the bounds of P-20 schools and focuses on developing and leading innovative curriculum and professional development.
- Transformative School Leadership: The transformative school leadership concentration provides innovative opportunities for experienced education professionals who are current and aspiring leaders of early childhood centers, public or private schools, or school districts. The concentration prepares students to lead and transform educational spaces and be equipped to shape the needs of education in K-12, higher education, organizational contexts, and beyond.
- Workplace Learning:The workplace learning concentration helps learning professionals gain a deeper understanding of, recognize, and influence real-life social inequalities marginalized populations face in the workplace. The courses allow experienced learning professionals to advance their professional practice by developing and deepening their knowledge of workplace learning, organizational dynamics, learning strategy, and ethics.
- Integrative Studies:The integrative studies concentration provides an opportunity for students to design a program of study that fits their own professional goals and includes the required foundation and research courses, concentration courses from any EdD concentration, and electives from the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Law and Policy programs.
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.