Master of Science in Computer Science
Final international application deadline: April 15, 2023
Final domestic application deadline: August 1, 2023
Northeastern University’s Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program at Khoury College of Computer Sciences prepares recent graduates or working professionals who have a background in computer science (CS) for exciting, high-paying positions in research and industry within the field.
- Refine your knowledge of computer science in a program with deep connections to diverse businesses and organizations
- Build skills across three breadth areas: 1) systems and software, 2) theory and security, and 3) artificial intelligence and data science
- Select from exciting areas including AI, information security, networks, programming languages, software engineering, systems, and more
Opportunities in Seattle
Seattle is where entrepreneurs go to scale up. It’s the #1 city for STEM professionals and in the #1 state for healthcare, economy, education, and more (WalletHub, U.S. News & World Report). Build work experiences and connections in the home of global industry titans like Microsoft and Amazon. Leverage your connections to increase your earning potential and impact in the field.
- Exhibit proficiency in the design and maintenance of large application software
- Develop the ability to maintain network infrastructure
- Build familiarity with basic algorithms and theoretical computer science principles
- Demonstrate ability in advanced programming and software design materials
Learning Designed by Computer Scientists and Industry Experts
Your educational experience is designed to support the needs of industry and prepares you for work in respected corporations, organizations, and research institutes. The MSCS program was developed by faculty with internationally recognized expertise and impressive connections.
The caliber of Khoury College’s corporate partners—which include Amazon, Google, Dell, Travelers, Meta, Pivotal Ventures, and more—demonstrates the relevance of what you’ll learn.
Diverse Experiential Opportunities
Northeastern University is known as one of the best institutions for co-op and internship opportunities. Northeastern’s Khoury College of Computer Sciences can help facilitate advanced project work for you within your current company or help connect you with the college’s 700+ industry partners, made up of established corporations and unique startups, nonprofits, and governmental organizations.
- Paid, full-time computer science co-op or internship opportunities (4–8 months)
- Many companies offer co-op students full-time employment after graduation
Key Seattle industries
The information, communications, and technology (ICT) sector has grown faster than any other sector in Seattle’s innovation economy (Best of the Northwest, 2019). The city is known for excellence in aerospace, computer software, bioinformatics, genomics, environmental engineering, economy, and education industries.
MSCS graduates are in high demand in Seattle.
- More jobs in tech than graduates are available in Seattle
- 62% of tech jobs are for software developers and programmers in Seattle
- +56.3% growth for developers employed in Seattle over the past 5 years
- 2,770+ open developer positions in Seattle in January 2022
(CBRE Tech Talent 2021, Glassdoor 2022)
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Life in Seattle
Seattle continues to be ranked as one of North America’s most sought-after places to live. The city has a thriving culture of music and arts, innovation, and a rich culinary scene. With a strong sustainability movement and beautiful forests, mountains, and oceans nearby, Seattle is the #2 healthiest city in the U.S.
Home to the fastest growing millenial population in North America and offering a reasonable cost of living to salary (on average, rent is 16.5% of tech wage salary), Seattle is a great place for young people in tech (CBRE Tech Talent, 2021).